- Providing high-level consulting and product development services to the communities within the service area of the SC Power Team, as well as to the organization’s global business team
- Identifying, developing, and marketing sites and buildings within the service areas of the 20 electric cooperatives
- Clemson University – B.S., Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineer #31175
- Program Manager for the Waccamaw Region, South Carolina Department of Transportation
- Project Engineer, Alliance Consulting Engineers, Inc.
- Bradley Elementary School Lunch Buddies Volunteer
- Jubilee Academy Volunteer
Rebecca M. Breland, P.E.
Rebecca M. Breland, P.E., joined SC Power Team in 2019 as Director of Site Development. Her primary focus is working with cooperatives and community partners to develop market-ready sites and ensuring sites are competitive throughout the selection process for project decisions in the SC Power Team service territory.
As Director of Site Development, Rebecca provides high-level consulting and product development services to the communities within the service area of the SC Power Team, as well as to the organization’s global business team. She is responsible for identifying, developing, and marketing sites and buildings within the service areas the 20 electric cooperatives cover.
Rebecca joined the SC Power Team from South Carolina Department of Transportation. Rebecca, a Registered Professional Engineer, joined SCDOT in 2014 as an Assistant Program Manager for the Pee Dee Region and was promoted to Program Manager for the Waccamaw Region. She was responsible for the development of over 30 SCDOT projects.
Prior to her time with SCDOT, Rebecca, worked for Alliance Consulting Engineers, Inc. Rebecca was instrumental in completing over thirty (30) Industrial Site Certifications with the South Carolina Department of Commerce, of which many were in cooperative territory. Rebecca offers over a decade of experience in civil engineering, and six of those in the field of economic development. Her strong technical background enhances the capabilities of the SC Power Team and offers valuable site development expertise to the electric cooperatives and the communities they serve.
Rebecca is a graduate of Clemson University and has a degree in Civil Engineering. Rebecca and her husband, Branford, along with their daughter Ellen make their home in Columbia, S.C.
Things other people say about Rebecca…
Rebecca is determined, fair, and dependable.
Spending time with family and friends, preferably on the water or Clemson, SC on Saturdays in the fall.
Her most precious time is spent…
Being with her daughter and husband.
Rebecca inexplicably went deaf in one ear for 2 weeks at 6 years old.
Who Rebecca was back then…
Head Cheerleader and die-hard Gamecock fan that went to Clemson and never looked back.